Some of my video work:
– Portrait of Compassion: https://nwcatholic.org/news/anna-weaver/portrait-of-compassion
– The Art of Faith – A story about the connection between a painter’s work and her beliefs naturally led to this video.
- New Life For Old Clothes: https://nwcatholic.org/news/anna-weaver/new-life-old-clothes
– Beard Balm:
– Maryland’s Star Wars museum – After he’d amassed thousands of Star Wars items, Thomas Atkinson created the Star Toys Museum in Linthicum Heights, Md., so that he could put his more than 13,000 Star Wars collectibles on display for visitors. The Washington Post’s Maryland blogger mentioned the video on his blog.
– Comic book heaven in Baltimore – Geppi’s Entertainment Museum at Camden Yards in Baltimore is an ode to pop culture, with a large comic book collection and six galleries filled with media memorabilia including movie posters, toys, music, collectibles and even Colorforms. Stephen Geppi, president and CEO of Diamond Comic Distributors, founded the museum in 2006.
– Beer with an outlaw attitude – Learn about Flying Dog Brewery in Frederick, Md., in these three videos focusing on its Gonzo attitude inspired by the late Gonzo journalist Hunter Thompson, why it moved from Denver, Co., to Maryland in 2006, and why one of its brewers left teaching to work at the brewery full-time.
– Wimpy Kid books have Maryland origins – “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” author Jeff Kinney began to ferment the ideas for his bestselling books while he was still an undergraduate at the University of Maryland.
– Community in transition – A central Baltimore neighborhood hopes its inclusion in the Station North Arts and Entertainment District will continue to bring new interest into its community.
– Mission: College – University of Maryland student veteran Michael Montoya juggles studies, life and reservist duties in the tricky balance of being in the military while pursuing a degree.